My clients are often looking for something beyond skills, strategies and a diagnosis. I work best with people who are looking to really sort out what’s going on in their lives, and who are interested in potent and lasting change. I specialize in working with individuals and couples dealing with a variety of issues including depression, anxiety, trauma, addiction, and co-occurring conditions.
My approach is helpful to a wide range of issues that bring people to seek therapy. Throughout all of my work with various clients, I remain focused on the individual in the present-moment, guided by the belief that I’m always working with a person, not a problem. I practice traditional talk-based therapy with a keen ability to read between the lines and help people identify and articulate their roots of the situation. It can be very powerful to finally sort through the issues that often arise in various aspects of your personal and professional lives. Make an investment in yourself. It’ll pay dividends for life.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in good standing in both Colorado and Montana. I am a Certified Group Psychotherapist, a designation granted by a committee of the American Group Psychotherapy Association, indicating advanced specialization in group therapy. I have been working with groups for 14 years.
I’m a member of the following professional associations:
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA), Clinical Member and Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP)
- Colorado Group Psychotherapy Society (COGPS)
- Division 39 of the American Psychological Association
- American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work (AAPCSW)
- Climate Psychology Alliance (Founding member of North American branch)
INDIVIDUAL THERAPY FOR ADULTS
- Having evolved over many decades, the practice of seeing an individual therapist individually can offer a wealth of benefits to you. It can be especially helpful if the idea of a group or couples work doesn’t sound appealing, or feels unsafe. It’s a rare occurrence in this world to have someone who will genuinely listen, help you feel understood and help you see what you might not be seeing. Individual therapy can also be very effective in conjunction with couples, family or group work.
Partnership is noble quest, and often a demanding one. As in other relationships, working with what happens between you and your partner can offer a wealth of benefits for both partners. Whether your in conflict or simply looking to deepen your connection, I’d enjoy the chance to make your most important relationship my client.
“SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF NATURE THAT THE KINGDOM OF PEOPLE MAY BE REALIZED.” -WILI UNSOELD
Rock Climbers, Mountain Runners, Freeskiers, Mountain Guides, Search and Rescue professionals; Colorado is a hub for outdoor professions and lifestyles. Are looking for someone who understands the unique dynamics of high-risk endeavors, whether personal or professional? Have you found yourself looking for more than a mountain can offer? Let’s talk.